Yesterday turned out to be a big day. First off we had our visit with the doctor (she asked if I had a cold and I had to put on my mask) and were able to ask questions about Serik's health and a bit about his mother and how he came to be in the baby house. We also found out about his schedule - up at 6 - 3 naps and to bed at 8. In between there are meals of mashed fruit, mashed potato and mashed meat and porridge - these kids eat a lot. Then we were told that one of the parents needed to come and take Serik to get his passport picture taken. So Kurt and Scott Brabson took the babies - totally bundled up- to get their pictures taken. Another step closer to home.
As for us - we took a walk in the morning and it is cold here now! We wore our long underwear hats, mittens etc. and headed out to explore. The sun was out so we wanted to take advantage of it. We found another coffee place, a l'occitane store (which made me feel closer to home), and we checked out the internet store where I'll update stuff and keep in touch once Kurt heads back. Tonight we will celebrate Thanksgiving with the Brabsons (chicken,mashed potatos, stuffing etc) and our interpreters. Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday. love, chandra and kurt.

4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to the Hammond Family. We miss you here in MN.
Shel, Clare, John and Mark
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! we are so fortunate to have so much to be thankful for today, and every day, and you guys are at the top of that list! wishing we could be hanging out in front of a fire with the 3 of you... maybe next year?! all our best and happy thanksgiving wishes from shanghai!
xxo, lisa, bob, alan, katie and davey
Hi guys, sorry I have been out of touch! I am up for the 3am feeding and thought about calling, but I assume you are seeing Serik right now? So glad to know you are having fun with Serik and we love the photos! He is such an adorable little guy and we cannot wait to meet him in person! Chani, we will miss you at Christmas :-( It won't be the same without you, but I understand completely, and Serik does need you right now. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we sure have alot to be thankful for in our family this year! We love you guys and I will try and call soon, Love, hugs and kisses...Sara, TJ and Ellie
Happy Thanksgiving from the Day's Inn! I know it's your favorite place and you and Kurt miss it so, but it misses you too, as well as little Serik. Hopefully he'll get to enjoy the wonders of a powdered donut and twist-vended frosted flakes for breakfast in the near future. Until then we'll keep enjoying the pictures of my little nephew. He's so dang cute! (trying to watch my potty-mouth around him) I can't wait to meet him!
We're all glad that you decided to stay out there with the little guy. I think the both of you will benefit tremendously from it. It's too bad that work has to take Kurt away for a little while, but that's a reality. I'm sure he'd rather be there with you two then back in Minnesota.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We're going to head out to Bob and Shirley's now. I'm sure we'll give a call either while we're out there or when we get back. I'll also make sure to run up the bid REAL high in rook for you Chani. Especially if I have a crappy hand. :)
Love, Mike and Maggie
Post a Comment