As a heads up we post every morning about the day before (so far) so bear with us. We love getting your e-mails and reading your comments so keep them coming. We had our first sick day yesterday. When we arrived at the baby house Serik had not eaten yet so they had us wait while they quickly (and I mean quick)fed him and changed his clothes and handed him off to us. Once down stairs in our 'play room' he promptly puked - not spit up mind you. He managed to get us about 4 times and of course I hadn't brought any bibs (won't make that mistake again). He also got a bit wimpery and toward the end of the visit had no interest in laying down - it was all about being held by mom and dad. They said that he might hace been under the weather because of a flu shot that he'd had - but probably a combo of inhaling food, shot, excitement and sickness. We had the full two hour visit today and our little guy is a big talker - ba, ba, ba, ba .
By the end of the visit we were pretty hungry so we had Murat drop us off and we went to the 50/50 fashion cafe. Am assuming the 50/50 refers to half japanese restaurant and 50 kaz. i had 3 tobiko rolls, miso soup and french fries - nice. kurt had some noodle dish with grilled vegetables. Apprently we eat when no one else does. Probably becuase they all eat a hugge lunch between 1-3 and here we are eating dinner at 5 - got to love the early bird special. It was amusing in that they had a hige flat screen tv in there with the Real Madrid tv station playing - they noticed that we were looking at it (since we only have BBC World in english) and promptly turned it up for us. When we said that we were okay and didn't need to hear it they turned on some kid show with clowns and a giant chipmunk or bear that they apparently found very amusing. We found the whole thing amusing. Side note here: Mickey had talked so fondly about Pringles and the KZ love affair with the chips. I was so excited to partake in the Pringles fad while watching BBC World - but no - they have wheat starch! Are you kidding me? Potato chips with wheat starch - total bummer - as Kurt laughs as he downs the double pack of pringles with diet coke. Also - point of purchase works really well here. There was a guy in the Ramstore ahead of us yesterday waiting in line to check out - he kept adding and adding candy bars - one mars bar here - 2 snickers there - until he had about 15 on the belt. Kurt's wry/dry comment 'point of purchase works well for him'. I cracked up. Here are more pics - enjoy.
By the end of the visit we were pretty hungry so we had Murat drop us off and we went to the 50/50 fashion cafe. Am assuming the 50/50 refers to half japanese restaurant and 50 kaz. i had 3 tobiko rolls, miso soup and french fries - nice. kurt had some noodle dish with grilled vegetables. Apprently we eat when no one else does. Probably becuase they all eat a hugge lunch between 1-3 and here we are eating dinner at 5 - got to love the early bird special. It was amusing in that they had a hige flat screen tv in there with the Real Madrid tv station playing - they noticed that we were looking at it (since we only have BBC World in english) and promptly turned it up for us. When we said that we were okay and didn't need to hear it they turned on some kid show with clowns and a giant chipmunk or bear that they apparently found very amusing. We found the whole thing amusing. Side note here: Mickey had talked so fondly about Pringles and the KZ love affair with the chips. I was so excited to partake in the Pringles fad while watching BBC World - but no - they have wheat starch! Are you kidding me? Potato chips with wheat starch - total bummer - as Kurt laughs as he downs the double pack of pringles with diet coke. Also - point of purchase works really well here. There was a guy in the Ramstore ahead of us yesterday waiting in line to check out - he kept adding and adding candy bars - one mars bar here - 2 snickers there - until he had about 15 on the belt. Kurt's wry/dry comment 'point of purchase works well for him'. I cracked up. Here are more pics - enjoy.

9 comments:
My nephew is adorable and seems quite happy to be hanging out with his parents! I'm glad things are going well so far for you! Can't wait for you all to come home! Love, Caryn
Love the photos! He is so beautiful! I am so happy for you all and can't wait to hear all about your first trip on your return. You all look so very happy.
Love to all,
Leigh Ann
Serik is absolutely adorable - just love his hair! I hope your process continues to go smoothly.
Take care,
Maureen
I have been technically challenged as of late so I am finally getting signed in to write. I read this and look at the pictures with tears running down my face. What a happy moment for you all! After all you have been through this is finally a reality. WOW! Glad he already got a "bite" of Kurt and he looks happy and comfortable in Moms arms. Can't wait for you to bring him home! Love the updates, keep them coming.
Love,
Keely
Holy canolies what adorable pictures. What a beautiful face as he's looking at his Mommy and Daddy. Ohhhhh!!! I'm so happy for you guys. And first sickness -- but as you mentioned in an earlier post, you've got your booger sucker ready in your holster at any time. You're a pro now. :) Hope he's feeling better.
Ok, this is the first time I teared up upon seeing the pictures. How he was looking at you, Chandra, while you were on the floor. And how comfortable he was in your arms. "Mommys holding me and I want this to go on and on and on..." I love it!
Corey :)
Hey Kurt and Chandra,
Glad to see you are having a fun trip and spending quality time with Serik. What a cutey! I wish you a great trip back home, when will that be? Enjoy your time off and enjoying your son.
Wow guys it is so awesome that you're sharing all this with us! What a wonderful opportunity for all three of you! You've made my day with your stories and pictures. Looking foward to seeing the family stateside at some point.
Dear Chandra and Kurt,
I am in Denver bonding with my new grandaughter, precious Ellie. She is gorgeous, extremely bright, and the best behaved newborn in the whole world. Can you tell I'm a new Grandma?
Now I am looking at the photos of another new baby and his jubilant parents!!! The photos of you with little Serik brought tears to my eyes. What a lucky little boy to
have parents like you --- a dream come true for all THREE of you!!!!!!
Enjoy every minute of these beautiful memories.....
Love to all of you'
Ardele
Post a Comment