Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday's visit etc.

So I think we're getting into our routine here: 12 hours of sleep followed by e-mail, blogging and a walk to explore. We found the Tsum yesterday and they even have a coffee shop - first one I've found in Kaz. We had plans to get their this a.m. but don't know if it will happen. Then it was off to the baby house for our afternoon visit. We got to change our first dirty diaper today when we were changing his clothes - so fun. We took it easier today since we knew too much excitement would end up with spit up everywhere. We played low key for the first hour (brought the bib today) and then by the second hour he wanted no part of laying on the blanket. It was all about being held by mom and dad. He was falling asleep by the end of the visit and so when we brought him up to the baby room we were able to put him in his crib. Of course we put him down and he immediately got all smiley and revved up. Looking forward to visiting him again today. Last night we went out to dinner with Irina and the Brabsons to a local Kaz restaurant (not sure of the name). Local food and decor - pretty neat to see. Once again it was home by 6:30 and I was in bed an hour later. Kurt has been managing to stay up later but I think I'm fighting off something so trying to beat it. Tonight we go to the Brabson's apartment for dinner. Found out that I can stay for the whole trip - but that would mean being alone (except for my translator etc. and Karina who stayed with us this summer) from Dec. 10-Jan 3. trying to decide what's better: staying and bonding with the baby (obviously important) and actually getting custody of him around Christmast day or getting home and getting the house ready for his arrival and not being all alone for the holidays. Hmmm...will have to see. But I have to decide pretty quickly - by Monday. Here are the pics from yesterday.
This pic is of our side of the river looking south toward our apartment complex. We're in the tall yellow and white building jus tto the left of the tall beige and brown bldg.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

So I finally had a moment of downtime to actually post a comment and I don't know where to begin. I can't remember seeing a happier baby in my life. Even when he's sick, my little nephew Serik is still smiling. Not to mention his mom and dad. I couldn't be happier for the three of you and I look forward to teaching the little guy all the fun stuff you two won't. Things like how to stack up blocks... and then kick them over as hard as possible. I'll most likely pass on my legendary burping abilities to him. And of course I'll teach him the convoluted secrets of how to pester you, Chani. You know, real world skills.

I'll shoot you guys an email soon, and give you a call when we're down in NC. Maggie sends her love and thinks Serik's adorable. She's right. :)

wpaleighann said...

The photos are great today! He has such an animated little face. Glad to hear you have the opportunity to stay the entire time should you so decide Chandra. I know it's a tough decision. I'm sure you'll make the best one!

Talk to you soon!

Love to all,
Leigh Ann

Unknown said...

Hello!! I got back from Mexico just in time to hear that you guys were on your way -- this is so exciting, and I couldn't be happier for both of you and your new baby boy!

Serik is absolutely adorable!! What a smile. He looks like a gentle soul. I hope you're enjoying your time in Kaz and I look forward to keeping up w/ the blog and seeing more photos. Can't wait to see you in the spring and meet your little boy! :)

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Auntie Ellen here. I just happened to log on to the site, as I have been checking on the progress, and am thrilled to see you have struck gold. What a beautiful family of three I see. Congratulations! I am totally weepy as I write this to you. Chan, he is amazing. Those bright eyes! I am so happy for you.
Sending much love,
Ellen

mflanagan said...

Just got back from a week away and this is the best news we could have hoped for. Shel,Clare, John and I are over the moon happy for all three of you. He is adorable.

Tracy said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats on your new baby boy! You three all look so happy! You can tell you have fallen in love with him and he has fallen for you guys! He looks so sweet and cuddly - I just want to smooch those cheeks up! Sofie wants me to tell you that Fiona thinks he is really cute and can't wait to hold him. (She's being too shy to say that herself!)Thanks for the great photos - this will be a great scrapbook for Serik someday.