We had a good visit with little man today - he likes to put his hairbrush in his mouth. Everytime he does he makes this face (see right) - we're assuming he'll figure out that he doesn't like it soon.
Today was our '14th' day visiting Serik and as such we signed forms to petition the court to adopt our baby boy. We wait for a court date now (thinking it might be the 8th of Dec) and prepare our speech for the judge. It was COLD here today - high of -7 and a low of -16 (as of 3:30pm it was -15F! As they say here it was 'ochen holigna' - very cold!! As cold as it was we decided to go for a walk and look for the InterContinental Hotel. We had to stop in a video store to warm up on the way as our tears were freezing. Just as Kurt was ready to give up and head back I managed to ask someone (in russian) if they knew where it was. We found the hotel and had a cup of coffee and tea. Nice place - totally makes me want to stay there but I suppose $300 a night is a bit spendy if you have to be there for a month. They do have a health club and spa we could use though. Massages are pretty reasonable over here and an hour massage is less than $50. We hung out tonight and had a '24' marathon. All you addicts are right - it is a good show. Kurt is ready to plow through the episodes but I'm making him space them out. Tomorrow night we'll go out to eat at Samovar with Linda and Scott to come up with a game plan for the dinner we're hosting for Karina's family.

3 comments:
Hey Folks!
Thanks for making us all feel a part of this wonderful trip! What an educational experience you are having! and What a beautiful Baby Boy! Sounds like things are moving nicely. We missed y'all over Thanksgiving and look forward to seeing all three of you before so long! Enjoy, travel safely, and know that our prayers are with you. Love
I find it amusing that you have to prepare a speech for a judge to defend why you will make great parents. Apart from the time, effort, money and most of all love that's gone into the whole process of getting to be closer to Serik there's not a whole lot more one could say as to how devoted they are to their child and how much you'll love and care for him. Regardless, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. Glad to hear that the frozen tundra over there is similar to the one back home. Apart from the frigid weather, the more pictures you post, the more I'd like to visit there someday.
Maggie and I send our love. :)
Aren't you glad you know a little Russian??? I found it so valuable. It feels just a little less foreign when you can say a couple words. You should write down how many words and phrases you've learned; I bet you'd be surprized at the actual number!
Can't wait for y'all to get home so Siena and play with Serik (whom she calls Erik like her dad!)
Corey :)
Post a Comment