We had a good visit with the little man. He was a bit tired and mainly wanted to be held - surprise, surprise. We can really see the changes in him - even after just two weeks (can't believe it's been 2 weeks already). The rest of our Friday was spent with the Brabsons and Karina's family. They picked us up at 6 to go bowling but the 'alley' was booked until 9 so off we went to the aquarium. The center of the aquarium has representations of KZ, USA, Japan and China. As soon as we got there Gulia and Zaure started talking very fast and the only word I could understand was bull. Well next thing you know I'm riding the mechanical bull in the US area - who knew I would travel half way around the world to finally ride a mechanical bull. Then we went into the aquarium (we had to be silent while they were paying b/c they didn't want them to know that we were American - b/c they charge foreigners more). It reminded us of the Underwater World at the Mall of America - they were very excited by it and we took a lot of pics inside at their urging. After touring the aquarium we went to look for food and drink to kill some more time until bowling. We ended up at Samovar in the new ministry district on the left bank of the river where we all had a quick bite and tried a Nikolashka - basically it's a shot of vodka but you have a lemon that is half covered with coffee and half with sugar. First you suck on the lemon side with the coffee, then take a the shot and then suck the lemon w/ sugar side. Have to say it was pretty darn good. Then it was finally off to bowling - had a good time, dancing to the tunes while trying to bowl and acting goofy all around - see the pics as they can attest to the evening. Fun though!

1 comment:
Hi All!
I've been reading often but too busy to write, ask Wendy! He's so adorable, those curls! I'll have Erika meet you at the airport with her camera when you get home. I am glad you are staying there with him, he needs you now, we can all wait to see you when you come home together. Is the name sticking? How do you pronounce it? I feel like I missed the announcement. You know name, DOB, brown eyes, curls. Stay warm. big love. Amy Metry
Post a Comment