Again apologies for a missed post. With the lack of happenings it's a bit run o' the mill here. Yesterday Serik was running a bit of a temp so he stayed home with Kurt while I went to visit the baby. The big excitement yesterday after visiting with smiley girl (who by the way is more giggly than ever - jabbering up a storm) was getting pictures ready for court. We have to have several of our visits with Sasha for the judge in addition to the ones we brought of our house, family, etc.
Then Irina and I grabbed a quick lunch, bought a few souvenirs and headed home - see totally enthralling.
Got back and noticed that the laundry detergent box was suspiciously almost empty...I also noticed some globs of detergent on the floor of the bathroom (which is where the washer is). Serik had just woken up from a nap and I asked Kurt what the deal was. He said that Serik had gotten into the washer/detergent when he was supposed to be napping but not to worry because the box of detergent was almost empty. Ha. I then pointed out to my dearly beloved that the box had indeed been quite full - pulled open the drawer where you pour it to find each section filled with detergent.
Irina and I set to trying to remove the drawer, which we did, and found goop galore inside. Spoon in hand we started scooping out detergent.
Once we thought we had gotten it all we set the washer to run a few cycles. Wrong move. Not only was the soap in the drawer holding area but it was also clogging the tube where the water runs into the washer. Needless to say water started spurting everywhere (front loader washer - fun). Ugh. I was wrist deep trying to unclog the tube. Finally got it to work.
Apparently Kazakhstan, washing machines and us don't mix. Last time we were constantly flooding our apartment with the old machine.
Today we had another morning visit - which went well. Sasha reaches out for us and is generally pretty happy. We got a full on cry though toward the end of the visit when she was tired and wanted to have daddy pick her up to snuggle. Lazy afternoon as Serik recuperates and we prep our speeches for court. Court is tomorrow at 10 a.m. our time so keep positive for us!

The last picture is of the maternity hospital where Serik was born. It's only part of the building as it took me a minute to recognize it as we were flying by in the car. Hope to get a better shot later.

5 comments:
Hi Guys-
Oh no - another Daddy's girl!! They are trouble! She is soooo cute - you can see the transformation has occurred. The sparkle is in her eyes that wasn't there before she met you! So incredible to see it happening. Good luck in court - we'll be thinking of you!
Hugs and kisses, The Brabsons
I LOVE THE PHOTO OF YOU AND SASHA! You look radiant. Motherhood agrees with you a 2nd time around. Now your family is complete? Sounds like Serik is keeping you on your toes. Tee Hee
Miss you
Smooch
PK
Good Luck at court. We will be thinking about you all tomorrow. I am sure everything will go well as you are in good hands.
Our little boy is already keeping us on our toes - we will have to be very diligent once he is 2! Serik sounds so funny and full of energy. I hope he is feeling better.
Thinking of ya'll ... and knowing that court will be a breeze!
Hugs,
Shannon
we're thinking good thoughts and sending them your way from your house! xxo
Post a Comment