Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let it Snow

Ahhh the snow. I have to say it is a winter wonderland out there right now. We walked around the old city from the Tsum to Respublika after our visit to the baby house and it was lovely out. The 'snow sweepers' are out in force. For those of you who weren't around the first time. The don't really shovel the steps or sidewalks - they just sweep the snow off of them with a broom. Took some video of it as a memento. The lovely snow feeling usually only lasts until early February. By the end of January I'm usually ready for a warm weather break.
We had a lazy morning today (again) and then went to visit Sasha. She's getting stronger every day and loves to be sitting up or bearing weight on her legs. She jut smiles and smiles while she bounces up and down.
I got to actually put her to bed at the end of the visit and looking at all the other little faces breaks my heart. I seriously want to bring home at least one other baby but can't unless they're related. Thursday is our last day of official bonding and then we apply for a court date. Hoping that it will be November 26th or sooner and that would put us home by the end of the year.
Few observations:
Had forgotten that the windows here open two ways - 1. like a French casement and 2. the top opens in like you broke the hinge - which is exactly what I thought I had done unti Irina corrected me.
Had also forgotten that there is no such thing as recycling here. Kurt feels liberated in that he can just chuck it out and go. I have the guilt of a good green girl.

2 comments:

matthys family said...

Hi guys, We are really enjoying the blog. It sounds like you have a great adventure everyday! Lissa is four years old today and we can hardly stand it. Russ has the day off (Veteran's Day) so we went to chili's for lunch. The nice waiter gave her a sundae and she said, "Sing happy birthday to me."
He panicked and claimed that his voice wasn't working, so we all just started singing together. It was a classic Lissa comment. We will go to our last Spanish class tonight for a fiesta and a feliz cumpleanos party for Lissa.
Love you, Missy and family

dan & tracy said...

HI guys,
I have now caught up on the blog! It seems like you just left but reading it seems like a a lot has happened in a short time. Congrats on baby Sasha! She is adorable. We can't wait to meet her in person & see y'all!