Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Still trucking
Hi all. Just a quick post to say 'hi' and that all is well. We got Kurt off to the airport yesterday. He spent the night in Almaty and flew home this a.m. At the moment he is in Amsterdam waiting for his connection to MSP. Serik (and I) woke up at 5 a.m. this morning which was a bit brutal. Didn't really get him down for a nap until 2pm although he got in a few quick winks in the car on the way back from the baby house. Tonight Irina and I will try to cook a Russian dinner that she knows and also try to hook up her computer to our DSL line. Am borrowing my friend Lesya Covert's computer at her apartment (she is too kind). We'll be back here tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner. So far she's brined the 23 lb turkey, made the cranberry chutney and stuffing. She says she's afraid of the turkey as her biggest one previously was 16. Hey - I told her that I've never made a turkey so I'm impressed. Figure she'll pull it off since she's an Embassy wife and is probably used to entertaining - that might be a big wrong assumption.
Will try to post a few pictures a bit later. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving, Chani. We'll be thinking of you.
Love,
D* (and Bec, whose account I'm using)
Post a Comment