Sorry that it's been so long. Have been a bit under the weather and not traveled out to the internet. So here's the update: On Saturday we visited the baby house in the a.m. and then went to Gulia's house for dinner at 3p.m. Irina wasn't with us because of some family dynamics that literally read like a soap opera. In brief two of the sisters had an argument because one said that the other's(Gulia's) daughter owed her money. Of course Gulia said 'oh no i don't believe it', which prompted Zaure to say' just ask irina because your daughter owes kurt and chandra money too.' eek.
Big sister Saule stepped in and made Zaure come to dinner at Gulia's to try to help reconcile things. It kind of worked but not really. Anyway Gulia out-did herself and made bishparmark which is the Kaz traditional meal of horse, wide flat noodles & onions. She had tons of sweets after and Shamrat poured a lot of vodka of which i only had a few sips. As we were getting ready to leave Gulia pulled me into a room and tried to give me the money that was owed. I said 'no, don't worry about it. no.' Didn't work. We walked out paid up, carrying a huge Toblerone bar for Serik and a scarf.
Serik decided before we left that he wanted to stay and pitched a bit o' a fit and hid under the table. Great.
Sunday we met Irina at the museum which isn't the greatest place to take a two year old and then went home for lunch and naps. That afternoon we went to the Duman (where the aquarium is) so Serik could play. Zaure called Irina and said she was meeting us there. Soon Uncle Serik and Zaure showed up with gifts for the kids. A small dombra like Serik had played at their house and a small yurt for Sasha. Uncle Serik showed Serik how to play the dombra or the 'guitar' as he likes to call it. They took us for ice cream and my little kiddo was in heaven.
Today we visited Sasha in the a.m. and came home to take a 2 1/2 hour nap - both Serik and I. The only thing I've eaten since Saturday has been rice cereal and not that much of it. Fighting off something but not sure what. At one of the malls catching up on the blog, e-mnails and news of the world. Hope you are all well.
Just about 3 weeks left!
Sounds like you are having a good but busy time. He looks cute playing the Dombra. I packing that will be fun.lol. The horse meat did look good but I probably still wouldn't eat it. You had me laughing a couple of posts ago when you were telling about the infertility/diaper issues. That's funny. Gena
2 comments:
Good morning! Lucy is home today with a 103 degree fever. I think the flu is going around:(
We have snow on the ground! Woke up to it on Sunday. I know how you LOVE winter and would want to know:) snicker.
Smooch
PK
Sounds like you are having a good but busy time. He looks cute playing the Dombra. I packing that will be fun.lol. The horse meat did look good but I probably still wouldn't eat it. You had me laughing a couple of posts ago when you were telling about the infertility/diaper issues. That's funny. Gena
Post a Comment