First off I'm happy to report that my red, hivey, splotchy, itchy face and neck have improved after many benadryl tablets and crazy ointments (of which I have no idea what's in them). To not be itchy was a great way to start the day and the weather was beautiful so we asked our driver if we could go to the mountains. Serik loved the ride up - especially as we came around a curve and had to stop short because of 2cows and a calf crossing the road. We saw more cows grazing on the mountain side and Serik said, "Holy God I see a lot of cows over there". No idea where he came up with the HG but it cracked us up. We got to Chimbulak (which is the site of the 2011 Asian Games and is about 3200+ meters at the summit)took some pictures and decided to sit on the deck for lunch and soak in the sun. We enjoyed tea, shashlik (like a kabob), a Russian mushroom soup and french fries for our carb addicted son.
There was a little boy who was sitting with his father behind us who kept turning around and trying to talk to Serik in Russian. Serik would stare at him and say, 'mommy what's he saying'. I told the boy that my son didn't speak Russian (in Russian)but he was not to be deterred. Soon the two were running up and down the deck with the little boy (Egon I think his name was)calling for Serik to run and come back. When it was time to leave our little man had no interest until Daddy tempted him with a waffle to take on the road.
Both kids fell asleep hard on the winding way down - hairpin turns and a steep grade (eek) not withstanding. The weren't even phased by our having to stop and pull over because our brakes were smoking - hmm not a good sign when you still have more than half way to go. I kept in visioning us careening of the side of the cliff and just had to breathe and not look.
Kurt noticed that they're building what looks to be a long and very high cable car to the ski area from the foothills below. No way I'd ride that thing as it looks like some serious distance between poles (not to mention the height).
Came home borrowed a stroller and took the two kids grocery shopping. We're planning on exploring on foot tomorrow to go to Panfilov park and see that cathedral as well as the one near us. Only 9 days left - back in the US on the 23rd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So glad to hear you are feeling better Chani! Looks like you all are having a great time! I love the picture of the miniature horse in the background at the ski place. All the pictures are beautiful and look very happy! Hope you are staying safe and hope to see you all soon! Happy Holidays!
Love, Jason and Beth :-)
Great pics, beautiful snowy mountains and such cute lil subjects! Glad you are feeling better and you are so brave for trying all the voodoo cures they have, lol. I am sure you are in good hands with Irina. The steep grade ride back and the smoking brakes.. not appealing, at all. Better you than me. and btw.. it snowed here in big ol' Huntsville the other day. Berik exclaims, "it's rain nin nin. So I say no , it's snowing, so he say its snow nin nin. We have to work on the ing endings. which I guess would be endin nin nins. lol. Bye. Gena
Post a Comment