Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Melancholy

Don't know why I'm feeling melancholy today. Could be the keyboard that is lame, the early darkness that comes to Kaz, missing my husband and/or the fact that the trip is almost over and that we will soon be a family of four. I think it's probably a mix of all of the above and a mourning for the last few precious days of just Serik, Kurt and I. That's been such a special time in our lives and now the change is inevitably upon us. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited about Sasha but it's a whole new world coming our way. The sappy music in the background at the MegaMall isn't helping. :)
I think that I'm also haunted by two little babies in Sasha's group whom I hope will find homes. One is Raminah and the other is Russell. Raminah has toe deformities but is beautiful, smart and happy. Russell is perfectly happy and healthy. Maybe I'll put word out with our agency and see if we can't do something.
Serik and I had a play date at the Covert's and then I went to the baby house by myself while Irina stayed at home with Serik so he could nap. We had an afternoon visit because Murat's car broke down. He said when the cold comes the cars don't like it - neither do the people.
I asked how his car was and he said (I'm paraphrasing from Russian), 'it's okay, it's a babushka'. Sasha has been so happy to see us/me the past two days. Today I caught her on the 'pot'. Poor thing has a bad chest cold and fell asleep on me an hour into the visit. By the way we've been banished to a small room on the main floor of the baby house. Apparently some little one (thinking it's the only other kid who is here with an adoptive family) spilled juice and got sticky fingerprints everywhere. Ahh well. One more day of visits and then she's home with us. The Covert's have invited us over for dinner Saturday with the kids. So that will break up the weekend until Kurt is back. We miss you daddy!!
This picture is of Serik chewing his first gum courtesy of the Anna's (Spanish lady)interpreter.
Have added a few pics from the weekend to this post:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chandra-
Your post made me want to give you a big ((hug)). I know what you are going through - but pretty soon you won't remember what it is like with just one. We will call you tomorrow on our way into work.
Love and kisses,
The Brabsons
PS - Sasha gets cuter every day!!

PK said...

Just a few more days til Kurt gets back! Hang in there. Big hugs.

Lucy got hand, foot and mouth virus. Yuk! We've been up the last 3 nights. My Kurt said, "How the **** are we going to manage with TWO????" I have a whole new respect for my Mom, raising 6 kids:)

Smooch
PK

PK said...

I hope Sasha feels better soon!

PK

shannon said...

Chandra ... we'll talk. Many of the emotions you're describing, I went through too!

Hugs and I'm so happy for ya'll,
Shannon