Quick update from Sunday - very exciting - cleaned house, did laundry, baked banana bread woohoo. Then went to Zaure's house to have lunch with her, Gulia and Baha (Serik was out hunting). It was a good dinner with plenty of food and wine heaped upon me (which I do appreciate). Got there around 2 and got home around 8 - another marathon. They had wanted to go skating too but I was wiped. The visit with Serik today and tomorrow are morning ones from 10-12 because of the long holiday weekend. When I got there today he was still sleeping and I hated to wake him up for his feeding. I thought he felt hot and thankfully Irina was there with me to translate. He wasn't very interested in his rice cereal but was thirsty. After trying to get him to eat a bit I mentioned how warm he felt. The caregiver (through Ira) said 'oh he feels normal'. i didn't think so - so I asked if she would take his temp. She did so begrudgingly and as it turned out he did have a fever - 38.4 and 37 is normal - not sure of the conversions but will check it out when I get home. So the caregiver went to get the doctor who listened to his chest - said he had a bad virus and prescribed all these meds. The only thing they had on hand was the panadol to lower the fever. Apparently his lungs sound clear but I hear him coughing up crap all the time - can't wait to get him home and checked out! We had Katerina Zhana checked too - no fever (see Ira and I are looking our for here Linda) but she also has a chest cold. So the doctor asked us to keep them in their group room and have a short visit. Serik mostly wanted to be held as he was burning up - now I know what a worried mom feels like. He did push himself up to his feet from a kneeling position with his hands up above him on the couch (see pic). When I put him in his crib for a nap he cried - broke my heart to leave him there - only 6 more days!!! After the visit we went to the pharmacy to buy the meds for the babies and then delivered them to the baby house. Hopefully they'll get to the right place - Serik and Zhana. We (Ira and I) went and had lunch at Gulia's today w/ Zaure, Baha, Babushka. More good food and drink. They sent me off with some of Gulia's homemade apricot jam and a homemade canned 'beet salad' - which is actually shreded beet, carrot, tomato, salt and sugar. - very good. Am worried about the baby but will assume that they will give him the right meds...Only took a few pics. Promise to post more of the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Chani,
Hope Serik feels better soon! We love all the pictures! Hope you have a good week!
Love, Beth and Jason
Christmas with a real live baby is the best present in the world.
God be with you.
Stan K
Hi Darling!!! What a treat to be able to read your every day expierences..And you sure are embracing it all. Every picture of your son smiling makes me smile even harder. I can not wait for he and Emmett to smile right next to each other. Nick is checking your blog as well and so enjoys watching the bond grow b/w you three. We send you warm Holiday wishes. Love you sweety, Wendy
Yo, wife...where is my update for Tuesday? I miss my boy! pictures, pictures, more photos of the stud! hugs and kisses...love you, see you next week, Kurt
Hi Chandra! I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Kurt. I get a huge smile everyday when I check your posts. It's definitely not fun when they aren't feeling well. They just want to be held and you just want to hold them forever. Soon you'll be home and you can do just that! No more designated visiting times. We can't wait to meet him. He's such a cutie.
Happy holidays!
Denise Hammond
(Mike & Jacob too! - I give them the updates on your journey.)
Post a Comment