Saturday, December 16, 2006

Friday and Saturday update - Independence Day



First to start it's Independence Day here in KZ - which basically commerates the first battle on their road to succession from Russia. There were fireworks over the river last Sunday and apparently there shold be more tonight. I've got a front row seat from the apartment so we'll see. I've had a great couple of visits with the little man and thankfully we were allowed to visit today (saturday, Independence Day) as well as every day during the coming week. When I got to the baby house yesterday Serik was still sleeping so I was able to see him asleep for the first time and took these pics. I was told I could feed him his lunch after he woke up and I gave it a try. Apparently he had no interest in mashed carrots, potatoes and meat and made a classic face to prove it. I thought for sure his caregivers would insist that he be force fed but said 'oh it's okay just give him his drink' - which I did. The kid drinks out of a cup with gusto. The visit was good and we laughed and played. After the visit I went to the Eurasian Center and bought my Christmas - birthday present;the coat. It's nice and cozy and now I'm not the 'obvious American' walking down the street. The Lloyds came over to play cards last night and I watched a bit o' tv after they left. I was tired this a.m for the Saturday visit (I know just wait right?) and we had a mellow visit which seemed alright for Serik since he puked in the jump-o-lene. I did give him his first bottle from home which was just water - he loved it! Came home after the visit and took a nap - my first I think (or 2nd) since I got here - really! Crashed hard as my sleep as been seriously sporatic over the past couple of days. Heading to grocery shop in a bit and tomorrow I have been invited to eat with Gulia, Zaure, Serik and Baha. Will update more later. Enjoy the many cute pics of the boy.



This is Jamie Lloyds hand - don't worry daddy you're still number one with your boy.
This is a Kaz winter rainbow - formed from ice crystals in the air.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy independence day!
i'm glad you found a coat to keep you warm while kurt's away.

serik looks happier and cuter in each pic... you're working your magic!

have a great weekend,
xo