We got up 'early' today so that Kurt could do a conference call and so that we could go to the US Embassy. We had to get something notarized. When we arrived we were thoroughly checked out by the guards who wouldn't even let us in the guard house until they had cleared that we were expected (they have open time for American citizens from 2-4 pm when we're at the baby house). Once we showed our passports through the glass and were cleared we were allowed in the guard house. We had to give up all of our electronics (camera, cell, etc) and metal as well as my purse to be held in the guard house in order for us to proceed. We were then sent through an airport screener thingy (so technical) and wanded down. The document we wanted notarized was on a jump flash - guess what we couldn't initially bring it in. After much discussion and talk with the consul they allowed us to bring it into the embassy but we weren't able to do anything with it since it's a potential security risk. Who knew? Apprently not us.
After we came home and prepared for our trip to see the baby. He was in a great mood and greeted us with a full diaper. Wish I'd had the camera out as Kurt's face was priceless when he figured out it was a big mess and would have to at least handle part of it. Bekbolat Serik was having a grand old time grabbing his feet and grinning from ear to ear. Our visit, once he was cleaned up, was a good one. No spit-ups and only wet diapers to deal with. Our travel partners the Brabsons had their first poopie diaper - they had been giving us such grief for the past month so it was finally their turn! The wind is seriously howling and the snow is blowing. Will post more tomorrow. Hope you all are well.
The top pic is Bekbolat peeking under the camera to try to see mom. The one with mom in it is Bekbolat trying to check out dad behind the camera. The last is dad teaching his boy to 'rock on'.
.

3 comments:
Too Cute...I want to see Kurt changing the dipers!
Congratulations to you both. Very excellent
Peter
I just finished reading about your journey and am so happy for you guys. Serik is a very lucky little boy. Paige and Serik are about the same age and it is a fabulous age. I am noticing quite a bit of development in Paige lately.
By the way, i noticed in a few of the pictures that Serik seems to be grouching as if he is skiing. I think groomers next year and bumps the following year. We'll even see if we can get some horse at the butcher when you visit next. Maybe with some A-1?
Good luck on the rest of your journey and be safe. Best, Brook
Kurt and Chandra,
I sent you a few messages but I guess I did it wrong since I wasn't logged in. Anyway, I have been following your wonderful adventures every few days. It is so exciting to see where you are and to see your new little guy!! He is just adorable. I hope Kurt will have a safe trip home and Chandra will stay well and safe over there till you can all be home together.
Aunt Eileen
Post a Comment