Monday, December 11, 2006

Sunday and Monday update



First off I have to say that I am in a much better state than I was on Saturday afternoon. At the internet cafe again and am challenged in posting this since the I had to copy and paste everything onto a random folder from our card reader and then to the jump drive. Secondly, when I signed in to blogger everything was in Japanese. Eek! They couldn't figure it out so I switched computers and now it's in German, I think. Anywho...

Sunday was relatively uneventful: did several loads of laundry, ironed several loads of laundry, went for a walk, had a Russian lesson from Irina and when she left to go out on a date (with a guy we introduced her to by the way) I went out to meet the Lloyds for dinner at the Chelsea pub. They're good company while Kurt is away. We saw the cutest stray dog - young we thought - and I was all set to bring him home to the U.S along with Serik. I know how much Kurt would love coming back to Kaz to find me holed up with a baby and a pup. Broke out the Sex and the City dvds and I'm almost finished with season one. I told you - really exciting day.
Today was much more interesting. Kurt called at 5:30 a.m. to let me know that he had gotten home safely - thank goodness - and called again around 9a.m before he was off to try and sleep. Shortly after Irina called me to remind me to wear my workout clothes since we were going to go running after the baby house visit. I had scheduled a massage for today at 12 and headed over to the Ramstore workout place where they also have massages. Ok - found out you can't get a massage here and have any sense of modesty! When the masseuse escorted me to the massage room I assumed that she would leave while I got under the sheet (like always happens at home) - nope - I figured that out when she locked the door and went over to the towels. Ok so I disrobe and go to lift the sheet - no sheet - towels - that you lay on top of. Alrighty then....
She covered by tush and started on my back. Let me tell you they massage hard and fast - could feel the friction heating up my skin - eek. When it was time to flip over I modestly put my hands across my chest. She covered my lowerhalf (I was wearing undies - little ones but still undies) and then I thought she'd put one across my chest. Nope. No siree bob. Ok then I figured I just had to go with it. She massaged my stomach which is really not that relaxing when you've got a host o' digestive issues. When she finished with my stomach she finally covered my upper half - ok now - she could have massaged my stomach with a towel over my chest. Oh well when in Rome or in this case Astana. It was definitely not a relaxing massage like at home but at least it got my circulation kicking.
Got home and got ready to visit little man. Got to the baby house and was soooo glad that I had decided to stay. Just to hold the little guy felt good. Irina and I took Serik and the Brabson's little girl Zhana to the play room and had a good visit. Both were definitely more subdued than usual. May have been because they knew something was different or it may have been because of the extra people in the play room (we were usually just us and the Brabsons in a separate room). Got a few giggles out of both of them and little man gave some big yawns. Loved that they were sitting on the edge of the mats just like they were in bleechers checking out the action. Think tomorrow we may do the quiet room and alternate days with the play room. After our visit Irina and I went to the sports complex for her athletic class that I was allowed to crash. Kurt would be so proud of me: ran for 30 min.,did sit-ups, push-ups and other random calesthenics. Then walked up the 12 flights when I got home. Needless to say was starving! I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow but it did feel good to push myself. The little girl in the pics with Serik is the Brabsons little girl so that they can see their little munchkin while they're gone.


Above: Me outside the sports complex

Right: Me and Irina after our workout - got to love the changing room decor.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ah, love the workout description. Reminds me of our summer "workouts" around Lake Harriet. So glad you're getting this time with Serik.

Unknown said...

i adore that picture of the 2 of you!

i'm so glad you are able to be there with serik. you can see from his face that he is too!

keep the posts coming... i look forward to them everyday.

xxo