Finally seeing the sun around here! Can't remember the last time I saw the sun - I'm sure it waasn't that long ago but it feels like it - today is a nice change. So a few random thoughts and observations here - I apologize if I'm repeating myself but I am too lazy to back into old posts to see if I've mentioned some of these to you yet or not.
First - as an ammendment to yesterdays post - the reason they stare is because I'm obviously foreign and by that I mean that I'm wearing sensible Uggs and a non-fur coat. These women are all about looking good - skinny jeans (like in the US - while I'm still in my bootcut ones) or black skinny pants or leggings, knee-high (or higher) stiletto black suede boots (yes through the snow - I think the spike on the heel acts like a crampon for ice climbing), matching hat and scarf. Whew. Must be exhausting. All the women walk arm in arm and it's quite quaint - serves a few purposes I'm sure: warmth, stabilityon the ice/snow and friendship. The carrots here are the biggest that I've ever seen it's like they're some genetically engineered hybrid - maybe a leftover effect from all the nuclear bomb testing in Semiplastnik (i kid - i hope). They are huge and so sweet and delicious. Hmmmm what else. Am getting better at the game of frogger - I stick closely to random Kazakhs (who've been playing the game all their lives) and manage to dodge the cars as I cross.
I walked around for an hour and a half this a.m. and didn't have my camera to take pics but plan on doing that tomorrow. I found a coat and will get it today - have heard that it's supposed to get down to -40 on the 21st. -40 is -40 anyway you cut it - farenheit or celsius - should be fun.
Had a good visit with Serik - counting the days now - just over a week until full custody - yeah! We (Irina and I ) took Serik and Zhana into our quiet playroom and the kids had a great time kissing on the cold windows. More later.

No comments:
Post a Comment