Doing my first post from the internet cafe. No more luxury of having the computer at the apartment - oh well it should occupy a bit of my time. It was sooo hard to see Kurt go today and just as hard for him to leave me and our precious little boy. Kurt says that he wonders what Serik will do when I get there on Monday and he looks around in excitement for his dad like he always does :(
Little Serik was surround by sad eyes as we were leaving and he was sad too - really wanted to be picked up by dad again. After sending off Kurt and the Brabsons and crying sufficiently Irina came to collect me. She said that I couldn't sit all by myself in the apartment in my pitiful state (as it was the drivers kept saying 'don't cry - you'll see him soon'). So off we went to the little 'Sweet Fairytale Cafe' - for a milk cocktail to cheer me up. It was good - coconut and milk and a lot of sugar I'm sure. Have to leave in a minute so Irina can go on a date... hee, hee.
Side note: Little man can stand up as long as he's holding on to something - he's getting stronger everyday!Enjoy the pics of today.

5 comments:
at the end of each day you will have the time with serik as your reward... what a sweet, sweet reward it is!
hang in there sweetheart... the time will fly by, kurt will be back before you know it.
missing you and wishing i was there to keep you company.
we'll call again soon!
xxo
I'm a day late, but congrats on the adoption of your son! I pray the days fly by until Kurt returns so that you can all come back home safely to the U.S.!
Maureen and Sean
CONGRATS!I read your posting and I cry. Good thing everyone is asleep. Now you can officially sing "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge, or whomever. SO SO happy for you two and Serik. Kurt will be back sooner than you know. Just get some nice QT with Serik and some rest and relaxation for yourself. A movie, book, and blanket sound great to me. Sounds like you will be kept busy by all your new friends in Kaz. We miss you tons and are impatiently waiting the day your FAMILY comes home! Love and warm hugs,
Keely, Dave, Kai, and Trent
Kurt and Chandra,
I just got opportunity to ready through your entire adventure. Congratulations! You both will make wonderful parents for little Serik. He is such a cute little boy. Kathy and I will give you all a call once you are back in the states and have had time to adjust. Have a safe trip home.
Love,
Ken & Kathy
Hi Chandra! It's your neighbor Lisa. What an incredible journey you and Kurt have been on! He came by today because I left a holiday treasure on your doorstep (thinking you were all home). This blog is fascinating. He said you have many good stories to tell--we'll be over with a bottle of champagne when the "fog" lifts and Serik settles in.
Lucy says hello. Not much to report here except that she has a new house and a new kitty--Tarzan. OK, we'll I guess there is a lot to report from her end. We went out for a goldfish and came back with a cat. Well...you know what a slippery slope it is once you are at the humane society. She carries Tarzan around like a garden hose (we're working on that). Mama's just glad that it's breed that does not shed!
We wish you all the best Chandra--I really admire your commitment to this process. Are you documenting things for Serik later? He certainly looks like a happy kiddo. I hope your new Kazik friends take you under their wing until you are able to return home with your family to your beautiful new home!
No snow here yet and consumerism is at it's usual pre-holiday frenzy. I have to admit the "Santa's List" concept is working like a charm...Lucy added Pringles potato chips to her list today.
Well, enjoy your time to yourself, it will be a while before you get it back. We can't wait to see you when you get back! This is such an exciting and meaningful moment for you. This blog has certainly made even more so. Cheers to you, Kurt and Serik! See you soon, Lisa xo
Post a Comment