Monday, October 20, 2008

Summer recap continued

The summer has flown by with more than a few trips to the zoo and the town pool. A few quick notes on things that Serik has been saying. While in the pool - "I'm a dolphin (or shark or stingray)"
"ooooooh that's true"
"no mommy, come here now!" with finger pointing to the ground. We also get the 'no' with the finger waving around like ' oh no you didn't'. "I want this one to drink - okay, alright - can we do that?" He's constantly singing songs: "Peanut sat on a railroad track, heart was all a flutter (pronounced fluttewr - like elmer fudd- and with much pounding on his chest), along came engine (number) nine and smush (sound effect) peanut butter." He also likes Skinamarinkydinkydink - with much emphasis on the "i love you!!" and when we sing it with him and say "I love you" he says "no you!!" 'I waterkeet' has now become 'I waterski' - he wants to do it everywhere. By 'waterski' I mean he hangs on to your hand(s) behind you and pretends you're towing him. He'll say 'you're towing me?' while he's doing this or even if we're in the car and he's in the car seat...I guess it's kind of like towing. Dinohores are now dinosaurs 'Oooh mom a birdy flying around' Touching a formerly hot pancake - 'pancake feel better now' The other day as he was trying to put on his shoes he said he was going for a walk. I asked him where and he said 'to Kazakhstan'. I told him it was a long walk but he went to the front door and wanted me to open it so he could get on his way to his baby sister. One of these days we'll be on the way....

No comments: