- Serik is now the official holder of a US passport. Amazingly it only took about a week to get once we sent in his info. So now he's all set to return to Kaz for baby #2.
- His independent streak is increasing exponentially. Every day we get a 'no, I do it', or a 'mommy help me' (which is essentially - let me help you do it).
- He's big into the copycat thing. If we're sitting at the table and one of us has our chin resting on our hand he will do the same thing. Kurt changes it up just to see if Serik will keep copying and he does.
- He also loves to walk around in our shoes - see right.

- Every day it's 'where Serik (pronounced ferik now) go?' - said from behind a towel, piece of paper, from inside a waste basket, under the table, in the closet.. you get the idea. We respond 'I don't know where is Serik?' and he proceeds to tell us. Usually by saying, ' Ferik under this one' or 'ferik under here'.
-He loves to sing - and I mean LOVES to sing. ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Lullabye (the words to which I made up)and any number of songs from our mommy and me class.
Sometimes if I sing to he'll say 'No, Mommy sing' - well now - I know I don't have the best voice but... it's more of him exerting his independence.
-His vocab is expanding and we've had a few 7 word sentences - quoting here, "I play with Serik's car outside today." This is one of his favorites because rain, snow, sleet (and we've had a lot of it this winter - snowed yesterday) he wants to be out pushing that car up and down the drive way or around the block. As he pushes it up he says...up,up, up and then down, down, down as he is running full bore down the drive.
- He loves to ask questions. Where daddy go? - Daddy where are you? (or insert Mommy)Also we get a lot of the 'What's this?' courtesy of Annabelle Mericle who we babysat for 5 days while her mommy was out of town.
- Of course the word 'mine' has entered the 2 year old vocabulary and that's a fun one. Not. It usually ends up with a tug of war and mommy saying 'actually that's mine (camera, cell phone or some other breakable, valuable object).
- He has been doing a lot of imaginery play. In the tub he has a little frog that sticks to the side of the tub and he pretends to give it a drink (pronounced 'drinp'). The other night it was, "ribbit (obviously what he calls a frog) have a drinp of yay yay (his shake shake/milk), ribbit have a drinp of juice, ribbit have a drinp of wine..." Hmmmm - wonder where he got that idea ??!
- He loves his puzzles and has been doing real jigsaw puzzles for a while now. Also loves his musical instruments (bells, drums etc) and his books. He likes to read us books (from memorization) and turn his own pages - thank you vvery much.
- He knows his letters - and I mean knows 'em all. I was wearing a Park City t-shirt the other day and he said 'P-A-R-K C_I-T-Y'. This also goes for the Claude Monet placemats, the dumptruck print in his room etc. Except with the dumptruck he says the letters and then says 'dumptruck' he can also spell 'truck' and learned how to spell his name at Christmas. Hmmm might end up being too bright for us.
- We've started him on a few Russian words to get him ready to go back to Kaz and impress the powers that be. He was running around last night saying Paka, Paka, Paka - which is bye,bye, bye in Russian. He also says 'Privyet' while waving and then says that means 'hi'.
- One of the cute things he does is when he's 'reading' an instructin sheet, grocery receipt etc. he says that it says, 'cookies, crackers and pears' or ' crackers, pears and apples'. Have it on video because he has the cutest slight lisp when he says his 's'.
- He loves to announce if someone is going to the bathroom/passed gas etc. Nice.
- He is at the point where he pulls out his changing pad, diapers and wipes for us...and asks to be changed after getting up in the a.m. and after his nap - so maybe toilet training isn't too far away.
-He loves his cars, trucks, anything automotive. Just walked in with his shoes on his hand and said 'i play with serik's car please' then 'oh,no with his hands/shoes to his cheeks and says 'what happened'.
- He's working on putting on his shoes by himself and actually just got one on - yeah! Then it's 'I try the other one - almost'
- He asks for 'one more time' when doing something fun.
- Cute story for me to remember:
One night when Kurt was out of town (Kurt is still the master of bedtime)Serik was having a hard time falling asleep. So I was leaning over his crib singing... he had asked for his baby to be next to him (mama and papa got him a baby doll)and then wanted me to pick him up. I said that I had already done that (which I had - a lot of)and that it was time for night,night. So then he said, 'baby right here' and patted the pillow to his right 'and mommy right here' and patted the pillow to his left. So - yup - I climbed in. Once I was lying next to him he said 'mommy pick (me)up' - so instead of picking him up I wrapped my arm around him and put his cheek next to mine. He was asleep in 2 minutes and it was so precious to me. Of course getting out of the crib was a bit of a project without waking him up. And - no - it didn't become a habit - that was the only time I've climbed in.
He's gotten to spend a lot of time with the grandparents. Kurt and I had our first getaway in early Feb and my parents came to watch him. We also hang with Nana a lot and celebrated Grandpa Hammond's birthday.

As for the rest of us... Kurt's still busy working and I'm still doing my scouting as well as starting a jewelry business with my friend. We'll see how that goes. We're also still waiting on any info for baby #2. We've got a name picked out and Serik walks into what will be her room and says, 'baby ____'s room'. Name is a secret for now.
- Every day it's 'where Serik (pronounced ferik now) go?' - said from behind a towel, piece of paper, from inside a waste basket, under the table, in the closet.. you get the idea. We respond 'I don't know where is Serik?' and he proceeds to tell us. Usually by saying, ' Ferik under this one' or 'ferik under here'.
-He loves to sing - and I mean LOVES to sing. ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Lullabye (the words to which I made up)and any number of songs from our mommy and me class.
Sometimes if I sing to he'll say 'No, Mommy sing' - well now - I know I don't have the best voice but... it's more of him exerting his independence.
-His vocab is expanding and we've had a few 7 word sentences - quoting here, "I play with Serik's car outside today." This is one of his favorites because rain, snow, sleet (and we've had a lot of it this winter - snowed yesterday) he wants to be out pushing that car up and down the drive way or around the block. As he pushes it up he says...up,up, up and then down, down, down as he is running full bore down the drive.
- He loves to ask questions. Where daddy go? - Daddy where are you? (or insert Mommy)Also we get a lot of the 'What's this?' courtesy of Annabelle Mericle who we babysat for 5 days while her mommy was out of town.
- Of course the word 'mine' has entered the 2 year old vocabulary and that's a fun one. Not. It usually ends up with a tug of war and mommy saying 'actually that's mine (camera, cell phone or some other breakable, valuable object).
- He has been doing a lot of imaginery play. In the tub he has a little frog that sticks to the side of the tub and he pretends to give it a drink (pronounced 'drinp'). The other night it was, "ribbit (obviously what he calls a frog) have a drinp of yay yay (his shake shake/milk), ribbit have a drinp of juice, ribbit have a drinp of wine..." Hmmmm - wonder where he got that idea ??!
- He loves his puzzles and has been doing real jigsaw puzzles for a while now. Also loves his musical instruments (bells, drums etc) and his books. He likes to read us books (from memorization) and turn his own pages - thank you vvery much.
- He knows his letters - and I mean knows 'em all. I was wearing a Park City t-shirt the other day and he said 'P-A-R-K C_I-T-Y'. This also goes for the Claude Monet placemats, the dumptruck print in his room etc. Except with the dumptruck he says the letters and then says 'dumptruck' he can also spell 'truck' and learned how to spell his name at Christmas. Hmmm might end up being too bright for us.
- We've started him on a few Russian words to get him ready to go back to Kaz and impress the powers that be. He was running around last night saying Paka, Paka, Paka - which is bye,bye, bye in Russian. He also says 'Privyet' while waving and then says that means 'hi'.
- One of the cute things he does is when he's 'reading' an instructin sheet, grocery receipt etc. he says that it says, 'cookies, crackers and pears' or ' crackers, pears and apples'. Have it on video because he has the cutest slight lisp when he says his 's'.
- He loves to announce if someone is going to the bathroom/passed gas etc. Nice.
- He is at the point where he pulls out his changing pad, diapers and wipes for us...and asks to be changed after getting up in the a.m. and after his nap - so maybe toilet training isn't too far away.
-He loves his cars, trucks, anything automotive. Just walked in with his shoes on his hand and said 'i play with serik's car please' then 'oh,no with his hands/shoes to his cheeks and says 'what happened'.
- He's working on putting on his shoes by himself and actually just got one on - yeah! Then it's 'I try the other one - almost'
- He asks for 'one more time' when doing something fun.
- Cute story for me to remember:
One night when Kurt was out of town (Kurt is still the master of bedtime)Serik was having a hard time falling asleep. So I was leaning over his crib singing... he had asked for his baby to be next to him (mama and papa got him a baby doll)and then wanted me to pick him up. I said that I had already done that (which I had - a lot of)and that it was time for night,night. So then he said, 'baby right here' and patted the pillow to his right 'and mommy right here' and patted the pillow to his left. So - yup - I climbed in. Once I was lying next to him he said 'mommy pick (me)up' - so instead of picking him up I wrapped my arm around him and put his cheek next to mine. He was asleep in 2 minutes and it was so precious to me. Of course getting out of the crib was a bit of a project without waking him up. And - no - it didn't become a habit - that was the only time I've climbed in.
He's gotten to spend a lot of time with the grandparents. Kurt and I had our first getaway in early Feb and my parents came to watch him. We also hang with Nana a lot and celebrated Grandpa Hammond's birthday.
As for the rest of us... Kurt's still busy working and I'm still doing my scouting as well as starting a jewelry business with my friend. We'll see how that goes. We're also still waiting on any info for baby #2. We've got a name picked out and Serik walks into what will be her room and says, 'baby ____'s room'. Name is a secret for now.

1 comment:
Serik you are too cute. Happy Birthday!!!! It is a lot of hard work being two. You have to do everything yourself and explore every angle. I think you and Rhys may be long lost brothers with the talking and the total love of anything with wheels.
Le Anne
Post a Comment