We've been meaning to update the blog but things have been a bit busy. First of all little man has been sick for the past couple of weeks. At first they thought it was bacterial pneumonia but after his course of antibiotics didn't kick it we ended up back at the doctor today. They think it's bronchitis but aren't sure if it's viral or not. So... it's back on the antibiotics. Hoping that it works because the poor little guy sounds like he's going to cough up a lung. Besides that though he's in great spirits. I have somehow managed to get a sinus and ear infection and have also been on antibiotics. Thankfully I'm on the upswing.

Serik got to meet his Uncle Mike and future Aunt Maggie from Boston the other weekend. We did a tour of the city: Walker Art Center, Guthrie Theater and some good dinners. Of course - we're eating at 5:30 with every other family or blue hair in the area - but the wine still tastes good at that hour.
This past Thursday we had a surprise visitor - Lisa Peck flew all the way from China to surprise us and meet the little man. We couldn't believe it! It's rare that we're totally shocked like that - but she succeeded.
Nana Hammond has been helping out three days a week and that has been great. It's allowed me to continue to work uninterrupted for a few hours here and there - as well as to try to get my bootie back in shape. Need to - have my brother's wedding in October (which Kurt and I are both in) and my 20th high school reunion this fall. Nothing like a little motivation.
A few things I'm thankful for:
1. Coffee - Kurt asked me if I was addicted to coffee the other day. Ahhh yup. Need that kick start in the a.m.
2. Concealer and Eye Cream - Went to California to visit my college roomie in September before we left and spent a ridiculous sum on eye cream and concealer. Little did I know how much I'd need both!
Look ma no hands!, Me and Grandpa Hammond, Me at the Guthrie on the Endless Brdige

No comments:
Post a Comment