What a week! To say that it was exhausting would be an understatement! It took a good 5 days for us to get to feeling 'normal' after we returned home. I was very thankful for the help of Kurt's mom and then my parents and sister who came to visit. Got some of the-all-impotant things taken care of: hair colored, facial - you know - the important things. Well important for my sanity anyway.
Had an audition for Becker Furniture World and am on hold for it - which means I'm a definite maybe. Trying to get back into the swing of things - work and social life. It's a bit of a challenge mentally and physically to get up, showered and dressed so consequently the showering and dressing has pretty much fallen by the wayside. I make it into sweater sweats but that's about it. Did get into jeans a few times to try and head out and about with the boy. First was after we'd dropped my folks off at the airport - funny though - shops don't open until 10. Don't they know that i have a baby to work around?!
Did manage to get a calendar for 2007...will see how filled (or unfilled it is) for the coming yea. Serik has been great and has been sleeping from 8-6:30 or as was the case over the past two nights 7:30-7:30 - the problem with this is that he naps once from 11-1 and is an insane man by about 4pm. UGH!
Today we hit Costco so that I could get the oh-so-useful jumbo packs of diapers and wipes. Turns out they also have huge boxes of organic baby food and children's tylenol - whohoo- hit the jackpot. Guess the Costco membership will finally pay off. Can't believe i'm talking about Costco after all the exotic excitement of Kazakhstan....ah well.
Serik thought it was great fun riding in the cart and wanted mom to go faster and faster. The fun, however, quickly wore off and by the end of the trip he had had enough of all the bulk crap and just wanted to be held and get out of dodge. Kurt played in the national pond hockey championships and I was mighty glad he got home when he did. He called as Serik was melting down (no nap remember) and couldn't understand what the problem was - mind you he was calling from the 'beer garden' at the championships so he was in no real rush to come home. I - on the other hand - was like, 'get your butt back here and stop asking silly questions.'
Since Kurt has been on the road for the past three days it falls on daddy to put him to sleep tonight and I am able to update the blog. It's nice to be home, nice to be getting back on schedule (both us and Serik) and nice to be seeing all our friends and family.
Since Kurt has been on the road for the past three days it falls on daddy to put him to sleep tonight and I am able to update the blog. It's nice to be home, nice to be getting back on schedule (both us and Serik) and nice to be seeing all our friends and family.

2 comments:
Glad to see you blogging again. I see your dad is enjoying his Kaz slippers and Seriks slippers are adorable! It is very nice to be home, I agree and like you we have had help from friends and family which was so nice! Would love to hear from you at some point when things settle down more. Your home is beautiful from what I can see in the pics. Take care, hello to Kurt and hugs and kisses for Serik. Berik is doing great and we are flying to Alabama tomorrow to see, sister and grandma, thankfully short flight! Gena and Jaimie
Hi, Chani,
Congratulations on your interview. Hope all goes well! Serik is so cute and I love his slippers. I am sure things will get on schedule before you know it! Love to you all!
Beth and Jason
Post a Comment